The Nishiiyuu Way
The Way Of Our Ancestors Pre-Contact For Today’s Living
The Council of Chishaayuu, The Elders of Eeyou Eenou has been working on bringing back the ancestral teachings of the region to the people, the heritage of the Eeyou Eenou.
The Council of Chishaayuu declared the principles and the philosophy of Nishiiyuu in a gathering in Montreal, Quebec. It is called the Nishiiyuu Way.
This was recorded and is presented to you as a slide show to watch at your own pace.
Below the slide show is the actual text of the Declaration.
Enter into the Spirit of Nishiiyuu and immerse in this epic moment in the history of Eeyou Eenou.
What is the Nishiiyuu Way?
There are 2 types of beliefs:
A) There is one God
B) That God is One
The Nishiiyuu Way belief is that God is One who we call the Creator or the Great Spirit or Chiishaaminituu.
“We live, move and have our being in him”, The Nishiiyuu Way
Without Free Will there is no spirituality
Values of The Nishiiyuu Way
- Free Will
- Acceptance and Universal Tolerance
- Living in freedom and peace
- Without judgement of others is the premise of The Nishiiyuu Way of beliefs
- The Nishiiyuu Way is self-responsibility, self-reliance and self-respect
- Sharing and helping each other
- Humility and integrity
- Gender Equality
- Equality according to capacity and capability
- Balance and harmonization with all Creation – all living animals and every living thing
- Know the gifts the Creator gives you, they are all in you. You are a witness on behalf of Chiishaaminituu and speak on behalf of Chiishaaminituu, the voice of Chiishaaminituu which encompasses the earth. Why you were given the gift of sight and sound. All that you have is sacred and how to use those gifts in a sacred manner. You walk your talk. Protocols of mating, whether human or all living thing are the same.
- Protocols of hunting and respecting the animal, offering before and after the feast.
- Faith, hope and love, and number one is love. Love brings faith and hope.
The Nishiiyuu Way is the Way of Our Ancestors.
The Nishiiyuu Way is setting aside our ego and living life with acceptance and tolerance of all Peoples beliefs and cultures.
The Nishiiyuu Way is not passing judgment on other’s behaviours, respecting all life whether human or otherwise.
The Nishiiyuu Way accepts and believes that everything and everyone is spirit.
The Nishiiyuu Way actions shall not in any way diminish or harm our spirit or another’s spirit in any harmful way.
The Nishiiyuu Way is totally accepting and being proud of whom we are and not coveting the ways of other cultures.
The Nishiiyuu Way is being in balance spiritually, emotionally, physically and mentally.